Writing, a form of expression can be used to articulate thoughts, ideas, feelings, views, and opinions. The written word can also be a critical tool to help in self-discovery and connecting with others. The Murals of the Mind™ Project (aka M.O.M. ™) exists to engage youth and young adults in a dialogue with themselves and with others. Through creative writing activities that are inventive, fun, challenging, innovative, and thought provoking, M.O.M. helps young people discover themselves.
M.O.M. is a vehicle that helps young people find their voices, tell their stories. M.O.M. strives to encourage youth and young adults to embrace, celebrate and accept their uniqueness – quirks and all.
- To relentlessly advocate for the power of words
- To encourage young people to think before acting and inspire them to realize their roles as integral members of the community at large
- To help young people to accept accountability and responsibly and to pursue goals with patience and grace
- To feverishly promote the reduction of violent occurrences among youth and young adults through intra- and inter-generational dialogue
- To support youth in the public advocacy and celebration of diversity and non violence
- To help youth and young adults discover their voices and encourage goodwill steward ship among diverse communities
- To support and advocate goodwill ambassadorship and exchange of ideas between the global community of youth and young adults
- To engage in collaborative partnerships with communities, parents and educators for there eduction of youth violence through a support system of follow-up, tracking and feedback
- To offer support as a second tier educational tool for students, educators and parents
- To advocate education excellence and encourage youth to discover, embrace and share their talents with global community networks
- To be an advocate of higher learning, crafting opportunities for youth and young adults to realize their full academic and creative potential